Andrew Brown | Chair
Upcoming Theme Group Meetings
Wednesday 14th October 12.30am - 2:30pm
Wednesday 2nd December 12.30am - 2:30pm
Wednesday 20th January 12.30am - 2:30pm
Wednesday 3rd March 12.30am - 2:30pm
Wednesday 28th April 12.30am - 2:30pm
Wednesday 9thJune 12.30am - 2:30pm
Wednesday 14th July 12.30am - 2:30pm
Constructing Excellence South West’s Procurement and Productivity Theme Group now has a new Chair, Andrew Brown.
The Procurement and Productivity Group is offering great opportunities to exploit the obvious synergies between procurement (setting up the right project team and supply chain within the most appropriate operating system) and productivity (achieving operational excellence across the whole design, manufacture and construct process).
The new Theme Group has extended the scope of its work to include the whole design and construction process between RIBA Plan of Work stages `Concept’ and `Handover and Close Out’ and to enrich and integrate our thought leadership to include smarter procurement, logistics, lean and agile supply chain management, offsite production, and continuous improvement to achieve operational excellence.
Following three meetings of the Theme Group and numerous other exchanges of views we have now agreed our Vision, our Mission, our Objectives (Vital Few) and our Projects (Supporting Hows).
An industry making more effective use of collaboration and best practice to deliver projects faster, at lower whole-life cost, with greater quality and reliability, with lower emissions, and with more sustainable margins for all the parties involved
To provide high-impact leadership in encouraging and supporting collaboration with a particular emphasis on improving Procurement and raising Productivity
Our Objectives (Vital Few)
- To improve the performance of the SW construction industry through appropriate procurement approaches and greater productivity
- To understand and address the core issues that hinder efficiency, innovation and productivity in the region’s supply systems
- To encourage and support greater collaboration between the parties at pivotal points in the design, construct and operate cycle
- To promote procurement routes and supply chain cultures and practices that best reflect CESW’s values
Our Projects (Supporting Hows)
- Guide to Outcome-Led Procurement: The Main Contractor’s View
Martin Howe, Martyn Jones, Paul Nix, Michael Chaney, Rhodri Richards, Mike Borkowski and Christopher Dee
- Guide to Collaboration for Clients
- Black Hats
- ISO 44K Awareness Workshops
- Delivery Through Collaboration
Steve Clark, John Rich and Mary Bennell
- Exploiting Communication Technologies to Support High-Impact Leadership
Mike Borkowski and Andrew Brown
Do contact Steve Clark Steve.email@example.com or Martyn Jones firstname.lastname@example.org , Co-Chairs of CESW’s new Procurement and Productivity Thought Leadership Theme Group, if you would like to be actively involved in transforming the interface between procurement and productivity